BAMBOLE DESIGNS by MICHELLE

Friday 8 October 2010

NEW CHRISTMAS ELVES- PIPPA & OLIVER

I've just completed my NEW CHRISTMAS ELVES- PIPPA & OLIVER-
They are 2 very cute, TOY MAKER ELVES- 39cm (15 ½”) Tall.
 As you know my hubby and I have been doing a lot of work around the house, (never ends) well a few weeks ago we landscaped our front yard, we pulled out the jungle that was there and just left a few favourites, at the moment the new plants are small so it doesn't look like much.
They will brighten any home, both have Needle sculpted faces, wired fingers to hold toys and gifts, wired legs and they can be mounted on a stand.
This is my new pattern and E-pattern, it will be available in the next week or so..... 


Most of the new plants are roses, if you haven't guessed yet I love roses, a few are blooming already but when they grow a bit I will share more pics with you, are there any rose lovers out there?
Here is a plant we've had in the garden for about 10 years, it's an Australian native and is very drought resistant, I don't know it's name though, I was going to pull it out but it has put on such a show I couldn't do it..............last year it flowered for the 1st time, 1 long flower, this year it has 5!

3 comments:

Northbrook Designs said...

Hi Michelle, Your little elves are adorable,I will be waiting for the release of the pattern.....Love them. Things on the home front are shaping up nicely aren't they. Sometimes plants just need time to settle in, I'm glad you resisted the urge to pull that one out....
Take care, Romona

Kathy said...

Hi Michelle, What you have here is a yucca plant. It is a member of the agave family. Here in the US it is widely used as a showpiece in gardens as it is a very showy type plant. I personally have never seen a pink one as most here are pure white. Yours is very beautiful. Supposedly the roots can be used for herbal tea and it is also used for dye, but I am not sure how. Run a search for agave or yucca for more info. BTW, your dolls are awesome (as usual)
Kathy Smith USA

Unknown said...

Thank you for your comments,
Romona don't forget to send me a pic. when you finish the elves, enjoy making them
Thanks Kathy for your info on my 'Yucca' plant, I did a google search and it looks like it belongs to that family, the variation with flowers is wide but they all have very showy flowers.

FIGURATIVE ART, E-PATTERNS, WORKSHOPS,KITS and more Designed by Michelle Munzone